SCEC will not be permitted to hold in-person instruction until Schuylkill County moves to the "green" phase of openings. At this time, we will continue to check emails, phone messages, and incoming mail. Classes originally scheduled during this closure will be rescheduled. Computer courses are rescheduled for the Fall-Aug/Sept. In the "yellow" phase, we will be permitted to proctor tests on a one-on-one basis, please call/email to make an appointment. We have sanitized our facilities for your return when it is deemed safe. Take care and stay safe, we look forward to your return.
Download our Business Services Brochure
- Business Services Brochure4.34 Meg | 10/1/2012
State of the art facilities equipped with the latest technology including video-conferencing units, computer labs with high speed internet access, mobile laptop computer labs with wireless internet access, computers have Microsoft Windows 7 & Microsoft Office 2013 Pro, wireless internet access, digital overhead projectors in every classroom, digital interactive whiteboards (Polyvision brand) in every classroom, and more.
Mahanoy City (1 West Centre Street)
- Comfortable adult-oriented classrooms
- Classrooms that can accommodate up to 40 students
- Classroom can be subdivided
- Computer lab that can accommodate 20 students
- Mobile laptop lab for use in traditional style classrooms
- Polycom videoconferencing over IP
- Smartboards & digital overhead projectors
- Computer instructor stations in each classroom
- Wireless internet access
- Access to printers & copiers
- 60” TV/DVD ceiling mounted in classrooms
To book the facilities for education and training activities, call 570-773-1270 or email email@example.com to determine facility location and date availability. If emailing include: preferred facility location, what type of activity the facility will be used for, date, time, and any other specific needs. After availability is confirmed, SCEC will send via email or mail Facility Usage Forms to be signed and returned.
Not every business has an employee dedicated to workforce development. Therefore, SCEC staff is available to aid in facilitating workforce development for or with your business to relieve the sometimes burdensome process of leveraging and implementing employee training and development. SCEC partners with higher education institutions and organizations locally and regionally to ensure that your training needs can be met. This is a free service. The only fees that you will pay are to use SCEC's education centers if you choose, see above facility usage fee schedule, or for the cost of the actual training to your selected education provider. In order to identify your business's specific training needs and respond to them, SCEC uses a Request for Proposal (RFP) form that is completed by your business.
The Request for Proposal (RFP) process works as follows:
1. RFP form is completed by your business, the form fields to be completed include any fields that are necessary for an education provider to respond completely to your training request.
2. The completed RFP is sent by SCEC to the higher education providers. A business may elect to not provide their name and remain anonymous to the education providers during this process. Thus, a benefit to using SCEC as your workforce development facilitator so that the process remains unbiased and that the business does not feel pressured to be neither contacted by the provider nor upon return of proposals to implement the training.
3. Education providers return their responses to your request using a provider proposal form. The response form is uniform, much like the request for training, so that your business can evaluate each provider's proposal side-by-side.
4. SCEC provides to your business a summary of the returned provider proposals as well as the original provider completed proposals. SCEC can discuss aspects of the proposals with your business or merely pass along this information for your own review.
5. SCEC during this process can also check with the local workforce development agencies, such as CareerLink and the Luzerne/Schuylkill Workforce Investment Board (WIB), to determine if your type of training activity is eligible for any funding to help defray the training costs. SCEC, if your business is eligible and with your permission, can assist in completing any necessary paperwork for any available funding.
6. SCEC can complete your request by coordinating the remainder of training activities your business has chosen to implement with your selected education provider such as confirming training location, instructor, date and time, final count of employee participants, and even catering if requested.
Essentially tell us what type of training your business needs, we will let you decide what meets your needs, and we will take care of the rest. All your business has to do is show up with your employees on your selected training date and time. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the adobe PDF fillable Request for Provider (RFP) form.