In response to the COVID-19 mitigation efforts outlined by Governor Wolf, SCEC is suspending all physical classes until schools are again open to the public (TBD-tentatively April 6th). At this time, we will continue to check emails, phone messages, and incoming mail. Any class scheduled to start during the closure will be pushed back, rescheduled, and/or cancelled. This includes our computer courses offerings starting on April 30th, please send your registration form and check payable to SCEC, PO Box 355, Mahanoy City, PA 17948 to save your spot (limited seats available). No check will be cashed for classes until it is certain that we will be open and classes will run; your check will be returned to you by mail if a class you are registered for is cancelled due to extended COVID closures or rescheduled for a later date which you are not available to attend. We have disinfected and sanitized our facilities for your return when it is deemed safe. Please take care and stay safe, we look forward to your return.
Facilities & Photo Galleries
Mahanoy City (1 West Centre Street)
- Comfortable adult-oriented classrooms
- Classrooms that can accommodate up to 40 students
- Classroom can be subdivided
- Computer lab that can accommodate 20 students
- Mobile laptop lab for use in traditional style classrooms
- Polycom videoconferencing over IP
- Smartboards & digital overhead projectors
- Computer instructor stations in each classroom
- Wireless internet access
- Access to printers & copiers
- 60” TV/DVD ceiling mounted in classrooms
Booking our Facilities
To book the facilities for education and training activities, call 570-773-1270 or email email@example.com to determine facility location and date availability. If emailing include: preferred facility location, what type of activity the facility will be used for, date, time, and any other specific needs. After availability is confirmed, SCEC will send via email or mail Facility Usage Forms to be signed and returned.